Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hijab



Did you know that the Hijab is the flag of Islam? Wearing Hijab and covering our aurah is compulsory in Islam. Don't ask why. Allah requires us to cover ourselves because He loves us. He want us to feel safe and protected from all evil. But reminder, the word 'Hijab' itself or 'Hajaba' means to conceal everything from the view or is actually to hide your aurah from the view of ajnabi. So, by wearing only Hijab and not covering the other parts of your aurah is still a sin and not permissible because actually you still showing your aurah to people. 

So dear brothers and sisters, have you spend a few minutes in a day for self-reflection? 




No? Do it and say to yourself. 

"I dressed for Allah"


Furthermore we have to realize wearing Hijab is to maintain our modesty not only by our clothing. but also by our gaze. I remember a quotation which reads "We all know that every precious thing is protected and covered like jewels and diamonds. Similarly, Allah Swt consider muslim women as precious as diamonds” :)

But remember that Hijab is not merely a covering dress. It is way more than that. Because it has lot to do with modesty and the way you present yourself in the public and society. Like good behaviors, manners, speech and appearance.

And I'm brave enough to says, " I’m Hijabi, wearing Hijab gives me dignity, beauty and respect. Hijab gives me personality. I appreciated the feeling of modesty hijab gave me. It gives me an insight into a decent and upright lifestyles "



Assalammualaikum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment